We are always looking for candidates
Job Title: Assistant Producer
Reports To: Creative Content Supervisor
Department: Promotions & Production
FLSA Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Works with Content and Production teams to produce and edit in-house programs for air. Coordinates, crews, and helps manage the details of internal and external productions with Director of Content & Relationships. Seeks proper approvals for shows and content in a timely manner to ensure delivery of material to MCR and distribution contacts prior to stated deadlines. Member of the Promotions & Production Team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages In House Content/Syndication Content and processes as directed by Director Of Content and Relationships and Creative Content Supervisor.
- Create, develop and manage all production timelines. This includes but not limited to: station’s internal and external production calendar; coordinating with the Promotions & Production Team, Broadcast Operations Manager, and crewing all projects.
- Provide production insight and timelines for prospective projects.
- Organize and execute weekly pre production meetings as needed.
- Coordinate and file receipt of guest release forms.
- Route all creative material for approval/notes in a timely manner, in the proper order, to all appropriate parties.
- Communicate information and relay creative notes clearly and quickly to producers, freelancers and outside agencies.
- Act as line producer for in station production shoots.
- MCR shifts as assigned.
- Perform other duties as they are assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with editing, production process
- General knowledge of current editing and graphics software
- Must have an extremely flexible schedule
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have 3 years of experience in on-air production management
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team situation and with partners/sponsors, working under pressure, and juggling multiple stages of production simultaneously.
- Extensive shoot experience helpful.
- Fast paced environment
- Majority of work time will be spent interacting with people
- May involve overtime
Hourly Pay Range: $14.00-$17.00 per hour
If interested in this position please submit resume to Donna Rich.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER