Master Control Operator
We are always looking for candidates
Job Title: Master Control Operator
Reports To: Broadcast Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Part Time Non Exempt
- A Master Control Operator is responsible for quality control on air, program acquisition into server, monitoring transmitters and station return feeds, troubleshooting technical difficulties, develop a fluent working knowledge of automation & related systems, and perform other duties as defined by the Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Gain and maintain a thorough knowledge of equipment used to execute the on air functions (Crispin Automation, Vantage Transcoding, basic FTP use, Transmitter remote).
- Monitor all station return feeds to ensure quality and continuity.
- Ingest, preview, and verify file transfers of on-air content to playback server.
- Follow up by reporting missing items. Identify and report programming discrepancies.
- Monitor automation playlist elements to ensure that they will be ready for transmission at required time and follow traffic log.
- Effectively communicate and troubleshoot all outages/issues as needed
- Answer, direct, and/or respond to emails and occasional phone calls.
- Ensure that all ingest/monitoring/server equipment is operational and notify the proper personnel if it is not.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures including guidelines and best practices.
- Verify all paid spots and promos air as scheduled
- Develop a working knowledge of non-commercial FCC policies
- Monitor transmitter remote: log transmitter readings, ensure operation within FCC guidelines, & verify accurate PSIP data. Notify supervisor of problems.
- Network with other departments as necessary to maintain quality on air product..
- Monitor Closed Captioning: report non-compliance programs & related viewer comments
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the following: Google Tools (docs, drive, etc…), PC/Mac OS terminology, & FTP terminology
- Ability to proactively identify problems and troubleshoot before affecting air.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have flexible work schedule to work anytime in a 24/7 operation (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Prior applicable experience is a plus
- Fast paced environment
- Majority of work time will be spent sedentary
PAY & HOURS
- Available shifts: Friday 11p – Saturday 11am OR Saturday 11pm – Sunday 11am
- Fill in for vacations & holidays as requested
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sean Griffis (firstname.lastname@example.org).